Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Achievement Unlocked: First Semester Away from Home

Well I did it! I completed my first semester of college away from home and I must say it was an interesting experience. It was really hard at first, I found myself extremely depressed because I had to leave so many of my close friends as well as my family. Things really got bleak in the beginning. I feel like I've grown as a human being, however, and learned a lot about myself. Speaking of learning, man did it become evident that there's just so many things that I'm bad at as well as inexperienced with. I always thought it strange because some of my friends always seem to forget that I'm the youngest in our circle, which came as quite a surprise. But being on my own just made me really feel like a kid. I had to do my own laundry for the first time ever, buy my own food and try to manage my own money, and after doing all these things on my own the first time I realize that I am fucking terrible at being an adult; I have a lot of growing up to do, especially in the way of money management.

All that being said I feel this was a very positive experience, especially from an academic standpoint, aside from my history class. I'm really disappointed in myself about that one. The teacher was terrible, and as a result I allowed myself to stop caring because his class was so frustrating and I stopped attending the class rather than just try and push through on my own. Other than that all my other classes, the ones that actually matter to my degree path, went extremely well and I feel I've grown a lot as a musician.

The first semester went well, now I need to plan to make sure the second one goes even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment