Friday, December 19, 2014

Why Not?

Well, considering that it's likely no one actually reads this blog I think I can say it's safe for me to talk about my exercising journey here and not feel like an attention whore for it. As much as I enjoy intrinsic motivation it's really hard for me to stay motivated solely on my own when it comes to exercising. So I figured why not talk about it here?

Throughout my entire life I've always felt lower than other people because of my weight and appearance resulting from it. To be frank, I've always really hated myself and felt like I was less of a man because of it. I guess I finally want to feel confident in myself, I've just never quite had the will power to see an exercise regiment through to the end so I'm hoping my blogging for naught aids me in doing so.

Today I currently weigh 225 pounds and I just started the Insanity workout DVD's. As I assumed I had to stop many times throughout the first DVD and was unable to finish the entire workout before the cool down. This is a little discouraging but I feel like I did a little better than I thought I was going to. My goal now is to by the end of the entire set of DVD's, it's a two month program if I'm not mistaken, would be to get to at least 200 pounds. Farther down the road I would really love to see as low as 180. As for a smaller goal I want to be able to at least make it through the warm up portion of the work outs, which is a bout 15 minutes of constant activity, by the end of week two.

Signing off,
Bryan

1 comment:

  1. May I suggest your initial goal to be getting down to 220 lbs? It will be easier to attain and it can happen in a short period of time. I think early in a challenge like you are setting for yourself, having some rapid wins soon will help you build the confidence and momentum that will make the 180 goal much easier. And I will make you a deal - when you reach 210, I will join you for the last 30 lbs, because I want to weigh 180 again also, but am closer to 210 now. (I will buy a scale in the meanwhile!) Do we have a deal?

    ReplyDelete